Join AWS to help mobile developers build great cloud-backed apps!
As a product management leader in the AWS Mobile team, you will operate as the business owner for your product to engage customers, set strategy, define a product roadmap, work with engineering to deliver and then work with marketing and sales to turn your plan into a business success.
This is a unique opportunity to influence the mobile industry by building new services that leverage the reach, scale and low cost of the AWS cloud to make it incredibly easy and cost effective for our customers to build mobile apps.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to be part of the core team. In this role, you will be a key contributor to the strategy, product direction, and help drive execution of this strategically important initiative.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Driving feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for key components of the AWS Mobile offering.
- Working with the engineering and program management leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the hard, high-judgment trade-offs between performance, features, and speed-to-market.
- Peforming analysis needed for a complete business model, including financial (P&L) models, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, pricing analysis, etc.Complete product management analysis and artifacts, including market requirements, feature roadmap, and customer experience artifacts.
- Building a complete marketing plan, including branding, marketing, distribution, PR plan, and communications strategy, including execution of the plan through the various launches on the AWS Mobile roadmap.
- Building a market-leading product. Success will take the form of identifying the key features that drive extraordinary customer value (especially those which leverage the power of AWS), and drive the prioritization and execution of our engineering efforts.
- Drive Amazon’s larger mobile portfolio strategy for AWS. An effective leader will not only drive the success of the product, but also definition of the larger opportunity, and management (both direct and through influence over other teams) of other offerings and product we will develop in the future for this space.
- 5+years experience in product management in the technology space
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence across cross functional teams
- Experience in dealing with Mobile applications
- Knowledge of consumer related metrics, funnel analysis, conversion, consumer acquisition and retention and go to market strategies for technology product and services
- Experience interacting with Mobile Developers and Enterprises wanting to expand their offering to the Mobile space
- Bachelor's degree in technology or technology management related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- MBA or Master's degree in Technology (Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
- Experience defining and bringing to market Mobile applications that demonstrated significant consumer traction.
- High analytical skills and experience with quantitative analysis, funnel management, customer acquisition and retention.
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process
- Have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Delivery-focused, with a track record of shipping innovative, customer-centric, and successful products
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Commercial awareness developed in a fast-moving environment, having managed business models, customer and market segmentation, marketing plans, sales support/field marketing, and pricing for Internet services or enterprise software products
- 5+ years experience developing software
- 3+ years experience leading cross-functional software projects
- A first-hand working knowledge of current mobile technologies
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
at Amazon Web Services